Monday 17 August 2015

Inspirational!! - 47 Year Old British Women Reverses Type 2 Diabetes in less than 2 Years, read her story in her own words.


My journey with Type 2 Diabetes. (How I conquered it!)


By Tracey Albert-Taylor

In January 2014 I was diagnosed with diabetes 2 with a hb1 reading of 60 and I weighed 122 kilos.

I was told by my Doctor to take Metformin and to start testing my blood each day to see what triggers the high readings. I was also signed up for a 6 week on a NHS (National Health Service) programme to learn how to control and stabilise the diabetes.

I decided that I didn't want to live with this condition so I changed my diet after learning with the NHS programme and I used 2 apps (cals and carbs and my fitness pal).

Calorie and Carb Calculator


Fitness Pal App



















I also bought a crock pot to cook bulk healthy meals. I limit my carbs to between 60-100 per day and I used the diet plate to help with portion control and used my fitness pal and cals to record everything. I ate between 1100 and 1200 calories per day but believe me it was lots of wholesome healthy meals.

I couldn't walk very far as I had a bad back but decided to start with short walks and slowly built it up and I now walk 5 miles average per day and am going to start running this week to compete into a half marathon With the regular exercise and healthy eating not dieting I was losing weight and now weigh 69 kilos.

My glucose reading is now down to 31 which is better than most people without diabetes and so now I am no longer taking metformin but still eating healthy meals. The diabetes society and nurse hVe told me I have actually conquered my diabetes and there is no reason why I shouldn't lead a healthy lifestyle now.

 The key is quite simple cut dramatically down on carbs especially bread and potatoes and rice and pasta and opt for an alternative such as cauliflower rice, spiralized courgette, sweet potato etc. don't take them completely away but limit yourself to the amount you have in a week and lots of exercise helps too.


NB:If you would like to futher information from Tracey, how her Inspiring story could help you beat Diabetes, please e-mail: Gurmits180@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment